~ Movieland Wax Museum ~

This great floor plan for the legendary Buena Park, California Museum is from sometime in the 1980's (past when the Palace of Living Arts was closed).



Dedicated to preserving the history of Wax Arts, and the unique stories of all those involved in its development, WAXIPEDIA strives to become the ultimate source of information on the subject of wax museums.  Anyone interested in donating items for preservation are invited to contact me at timothywrandall@gmail.com. Donated items will be cataloged, digitally scanned, photographed, and restored.  All donated items will be credited to their specific donors and will be preserved and made available to future generations of artists, designers, historians and fans.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am a lifelong fan of Movieland, having visited over fifty times in the period between 1969 and 1982. I would love to have a copy of this to go with the rest of my memorabilia from the museum. When I was 14 years old (1978), I wanted to make a scale model of my beloved Movieland. I was going to buy a bunch of film for my Instamatic camera, take pictures, take notes, and see what I could do. The last, new, wax figure that I remember was Superman. I was surprised by some friends of the family, with a Trip to Movieland. I wasn't prepared, so, no model. Now that I'm older, and live in Oklahoma, I have made trips down to Louis Tussauds, in Grand Prairie, Texas. Not the same. Thank you for this. I wonder if any earlier floorplans exist?

    ReplyDelete