Welcome one and all to WAXIPEDIA: The International Society of Wax Enthusiasts.

 My name is Timothy and I have had the wonderful and unique privilege of not only loving wax museums but growing up in one!

Over the years (I'm currently 29, as I write this) I have amassed quite a collection of pictures, guide books, old manuscripts, stories and legends from many of the world's great museums and had the honor of getting to know many of the artists, owners and designers who have created them. It is my goal, through this blog and it's sister facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/waxipedia/) to develop a forum for those who love this art form and a resource for those who are interested in its history and future. I always welcome input and suggestions and invite people to share both their photos and their memories.

    Thank you and once again, Welcome to the "Wonderful World of Wax"!
                      Timothy W. Randall






Dedicated to preserving the history of Wax Arts, and the unique stories of all those involved in its development, WAXIPEDIA strives to become the ultimate source of information on the subject of wax museums.  Anyone interested in donating items for preservation are invited to contact me at timothywrandall@gmail.com. Donated items will be cataloged, digitally scanned, photographed, and restored.  All donated items will be credited to their specific donors and will be preserved and made available to future generations of artists, designers, historians and fans.

** ALL PHOTOGRAPHS SHOWN HERE WERE TAKEN BY, AND ARE THE PROPERTY OF, TIMOTHY W. RANDALL. ANYONE INTERESTED IN USING THEM ARE URGED TO OBTAIN PERMISSION BY CONTACTING timothywrandall@gmail.com **

1 comment:

  1. In your header you refer to "paraffin people," but it's my understanding that most wax figures, historically and now, are made from a mixture of beeswax and Japan wax. Perhaps you have a post about this I haven't gotten to -- your font makes me feel a little drunk so I can only nose around in sips! I'm loving the photos, though.

    ReplyDelete